Monday, May 3, 2010

"Painting Electronics" of M.I.T. Media Lab was GREAT!



"Painting Electronics"
Leah Buechley & team of the 
M.I.T. Media Lab 
Workshop

High Tech/Low Tech
Picture Projects
iPhone (left)
iPad (Right)
by Peg Verdi


Wonderful, exciting, and innovative studies are being done in the M.I.T. Media Lab and here was another chance for me to experience it firsthand. On a beautiful sunny Saturday in Cambridge, I was surrounded by a great group of creative, innovative, well versed in technology and design people who guided our equally motivated and talented group of learners as we journeyed into the world of integrating circuitry and design at M.I.T.  Leah Beuchley- High Tech /Low Tech Studies  workshop assisted by her team of innovators (  Emily Marie Lovell, Dave Mellis, Hannah Perner-Wilson, and Bonifaz Haufman )   all of whom were so helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. I  learned soooo much- using the right side and the left side of my brain !    Exploring how technology facilitates expressions and ways it empowers us in communication and the arts is exciting. Teardrop kits used  for paper models ( which our table took to 3D paper models) and touching upon the pop book with dynamic aspects of sound and light Would love to work with the wearable elements of circuitry and modular chips. Thanks Dave for the explanation of how to program the chips and Leah and Emily for guiding my design and bridges. Will share some more pics of this great day- in the meantime, look at these pics for what is 'behind the scenes".  and many thank you's to Leah, her staff, and my new table creator friends! ( Susan, Angela, and Violet! ) for fulfilling one of my dreams and opening a new door of discovery and creating for me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment