Sunday, October 23, 2011

Protection Case Study/iPhone

While waiting for my iPHONE 4S, my brother inspired me to shop more wisely and consider more protection for my new phone , ie cases and insurance.

Cases for Apple iPHONE 4 /4S

For my last two  iPhones, I bought cases at TJMaxx/ Marshalls or got gifts from my son's online treasures.  Usually I get ONE case ASAP and then look around to find something that fits well when in my pocket, I can hold onto for one handed camera shots, and like the way it look. When you buy online- you don't get to try it out but if you've looked at others' phones, in stores, and online purchases can cost less as my son often gets from his online deals and the global market.

With Apple tightening their belts and not going to replace screens so "nicely" ie, free of charge- I am looking at a stronger, more protective case which may also enhance the use of the iPhone for all activities. Some cases are like a vault encasement, ie. they sustain great pain ( the kids at school get them as they drop punt their phones and throw them around like Tom Brady passes to Dion.)

CNET reviewed their "Top 20 Tough iPhone Cases".  It will provide those who want to "protect their phones and not just have something that looks good, an option.  To make your choice, get something NOW, look around, and know what you will use your phone for.

For me, I am tempted by the  LIFE Proof Boxes for iPhone 4/4S GEN 2  $69.95- $79.95
Life Proof Boxes reputedly have protection and the ability to swim underwater, mud, sand, etc. with a high degree of shock protection.  Looking online, I was amazed at the feats that made me hold my breath as I saw the iPHONE underwater use and being thrown from high places by "ordinary people" NOT the manufacturers!

Uncasing the box, underwater, and in the water wilderness videos are pretty convincing.
While I am waiting for my iPHONE 4S, I will continue looking and report back on my decision.

Word of caution for iPHONE 4S users, some "4" cases block the 4S sensors window and the camera view.


INSURANCE 
 AppleCare Plus   ($99  for  2 drops or accidental breakage- you lose it, you buy new phone.
Apple and the other multi -billion dollar service provider companies are not on the same page -
re: Apple Care. I think it is so the Phone companies will sell their insurance plans and Apple Care PLUS is out to make more money changing screens.  NO ONE has ONE answer- Frustrating to us consumers.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment